Supported living

Hiya, im new and needing advice please. My son has been living in supported living for 18 months. They are now wanting to place him in a different property. 

He has viewed the flat and doesn't like it. 

I need to know what rights he has. Does he have to take the first place that comes available or can he refuse and wait for another to come available?

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thank you 

Heidi Blush 

Parents
  • They are now wanting to place him in a different property.

I would write to them and ask them to explain in detail their reasons for wanting this move as your son has a lot of issues in dealing with change

I'm not sure he has any rights if the reason for the move is sufficient (eg major renovation work at the old place, it is being sold etc) so long as he is being given a suitable replacement.

With the shortage of places out there I don't think he will get a lot of choice to be honest - it may be worth trying to find the positives in the proposed location and try to work on expanding these to motivate the move if it cannot be avoided.

• They are now wanting to place him in a different property.

I would write to them and ask them to explain in detail their reasons for wanting this move as your son has a lot of issues in dealing with change

I'm not sure he has any rights if the reason for the move is sufficient (eg major renovation work at the old place, it is being sold etc) so long as he is being given a suitable replacement.

With the shortage of places out there I don't think he will get a lot of choice to be honest - it may be worth trying to find the positives in the proposed location and try to work on expanding these to motivate the move if it cannot be avoided.

Children
No Data