HI/ Making friends being autistic?

Hi, I am newly diagnosed at 20. Making friends has always been a struggle for me because i have a low social battery and never know what to say and also am autistic, so hopefully I can make meet people through here. I love listening music particularly 90s and dancing, sometimes art aswell. I find it difficult to talk to others and unfortunately things never really work out where I am able to get close to others, I really haven't met many autistic people in my life, and often struggle with a lot of loneliness sometimes more when i try and hang out with others because I cannot really relate to others and feel so off and left out.

I wouldn't mind if anyone would want to chat.

Parents
  • I'm recently diagnosed too! At 21! I always struggled with making friends when I was younger, but now I have a group of friends who are all very lovely. I've found that the people I get along with best tend to also be autistic or neurodivergent. There seems to be a greater level of understanding between us. I'd be happy to chat ^u^ do you play video games at all?

• I'm recently diagnosed too! At 21! I always struggled with making friends when I was younger, but now I have a group of friends who are all very lovely. I've found that the people I get along with best tend to also be autistic or neurodivergent. There seems to be a greater level of understanding between us. I'd be happy to chat ^u^ do you play video games at all?

Children
No Data