Sele Speaks Without Words

Dear Autism Family,

My name is Webilor Ediale and I’m a mum to a nonverbal autistic boy who has numerous other challenges. I am excited to share with you my upcoming book, Sele Speaks Without Words, which will be launching on Kickstarter on June 1st. The book addresses a gap in the market for a good middle grade chapter book in which the protagonist is neurodivergent. It runs for 1st June to 30th June 2024.

The book takes readers on a fun, relatable adventure into the mind of a boy with nonverbal autism, showcasing the beauty of neurodiversity.
With speech making up only 7% of communication, the remaining 93% being nonverbal, Sele Speaks Without Words is on a mission to amplify the voices of neurodivergent children who often go unheard. The story is enriched with affirmations, sign language, neurodiverse terminologies, over 60 colourful illustrations, and strategies for managing challenges.

Our protagonist, Sele, is a black nonverbal boy with sensory processing disorder, learning difficulties, anxiety disorder, and visual impairment, bringing much-needed representation for both the BIPOC and BME communities.

I would be looking to donate copies to Charities, Schools and Libraries and would love your support in backing, sharing, and sponsoring this project.

Please feel free to explore more about the book and join us on this important mission here: [link removed by moderator]

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to know and support us bring representation for our neurodivergent children.

Parents Reply Children
No Data