I was diagnosed last night

I was diagnosed last night and I feel relieved but also very overwhelmed.

I cannot help but feel a little like an imposter, has anybody else felt in a similar position?

Parents
  • Hi Lianna, I was diagnosed this morning and before my appointment I was thinking, I’m not autistic and even on the therapist saying, I am 100% autistic, it still didn’t hit me and I also have the imposter syndrome going on, I’ve told one person today and I don’t want to tell anyone else for fear they will call me out and say I’m not autistic and the stigma of having autism 

• When I told my classmates that I'm autistic earlier in the year, one of them (who is in my art class) kept bugging me and saying "But how are you autistic?" and I kept saying "I don't know, I just am, how are you neurotypical?" If people won't accept you for who you are then maybe you don't want those people. But that is way easier said than done.

• When I told my classmates that I'm autistic earlier in the year, one of them (who is in my art class) kept bugging me and saying "But how are you autistic?" and I kept saying "I don't know, I just am, how are you neurotypical?" If people won't accept you for who you are then maybe you don't want those people. But that is way easier said than done.

Children
No Data