I need advice

I really need help with this im 13 and for  months and months i have been resurching the symptoms of autism i have also took a couple of online tests and i think im autistic. I feel if i got a diagnosis it would explain everything that cause blocks in my life.

Everyone sees be differently and i dont know why im always seen as odd and wierd by people i havent even talked to before. Pretty much all the time a freeze and cant speak for a while sometimes almost even breakdown from noise and lights in school and in public . I have a very hard time speaking to people but i want to tell my mum what i have found and ask her to help me get an assessment but i dont   know how im scared she wont take me seriously and make fun of it please can someone help me (sorry for any spelling mistakes)

• Reminder of Rule 1:

Only those aged over 16 are permitted to join the community. If you are under 16 please use other services, such as the ones in the Autism Services Directory 

• oops i didnt realise but thanks

• Maybe show your mum exactly what you've posted here if you're worried about not finding the words in the moment to let her know how seriously you feel about it. Definitely talk to her about it ASAP. 

But this forum doesn't allow users your age, so you can't really be here. Good luck; I hope things work out. 

• Sounds like whatever it is it's something that's upsetting you and you need some help and support with, I'd say you should definitely talk to someone, try telling your mum how you feel, try to stay calm if she doesn't totally get it at first, it might be a shock to her and it's normal for parents to sometimes act that way.

If not I think all UK schools now have to have a senco person, who might be someone you could speak to in confidence and get some advice from.

Hope everything goes ok for you, the first step with anything is the hardest, once you speak to someone it'll get much easier from there.