Interviews at work

Hi,

I recently applied for an alternative job within the business i work in, i had already been subjected to some rather unpleasant treatment surrounding my disability by some individuals of the management team and submitted a grievance, whilst asking why this was looked into by the employer prior to me submitting a grievance. I got through to interview stage but then they selected to of the managers that were named in my grievance as panel members. In the past no attempt to offer support of acceptance of my autism had been offered by the individual in any the complete opposite. this filled me with dread and made me stressed and anxious, i believed i couldn't perform at my best, nor would i feel understood. 

Is this normal to feel like this because i was made to feel that this was over the top and irrational for this?

Parents
  • If you are a member of a trades union you can ask for a union case worker to be present in any interview or any formal interaction with management.

If any of the management on an interview panel are currently in a internal grievance procedure with you, you should write a formal letter to the chair of the panel pointing this out and explain that you have reasons to doubt that their assessment of your suitability for the job you are applying for would be impartial.

• If you are a member of a trades union you can ask for a union case worker to be present in any interview or any formal interaction with management.

If any of the management on an interview panel are currently in a internal grievance procedure with you, you should write a formal letter to the chair of the panel pointing this out and explain that you have reasons to doubt that their assessment of your suitability for the job you are applying for would be impartial.

Children
No Data