Hi

Hi I just want to introduce myself, I was recently diagnosed as an autistic adult, this is all still new to me and frightening because upto now i thought I knew myself iv masked most of my adult life forty something years. I've hovered in the background since It was confirmed three weeks ago, now I've decided the time feels right to finally say hi.

Parents
  • Hi, welcome to the forum.

I would just say that I have recognised that, for me personally, masking or camouflaging is just part of who I am. I accept it in the same way that I have accepted that I am autistic. Diagnosis has answered a lot of questions concerning why I am as I am, but I remain the same person I have always been, it has not provoked any existential crisis.

• Hi, welcome to the forum.

I would just say that I have recognised that, for me personally, masking or camouflaging is just part of who I am. I accept it in the same way that I have accepted that I am autistic. Diagnosis has answered a lot of questions concerning why I am as I am, but I remain the same person I have always been, it has not provoked any existential crisis.

Children
No Data