Hello, looking for support after being told I’m not autistic.

Hello, I’ve found myself here after my autism assessment came out as not autistic, which really confused and upset me. I’m shocked. The ados2 part said I fit the criteria, and I scored like half on the other part. I can’t say I understand how after only five hours of knowing me she came to that decision. I was upset to read my report for them to say I had no signs of anxiety which was crazy because it just showed me how invisible my feelings really are. There was so much they didn’t understand about me and the way I communicate. Or don’t should I say. I’ve masked so well nobody can actually see me. I’ve never felt more understood by anybody more than the autistic community I’ve found online, like I fit in perfectly. I’ve never known kinder people and I feel like I’ve had the opportunity to be accepted taken away from me. Can I be here and find some comfort without a diagnosis? I have my adhd assessment still ahead of me and I’ll be absolutely mind blown if that one doesn’t come back that I do have it. I really feel like I won’t belong anywhere then. I feel unseen and I just would love the opportunity to make friends with people that understand what it’s like to be heavily masked and completely misunderstood for 35 years. If you have read this, then thank you, I just don’t know who I can talk to in this complicated world. 

Parents
  • You can self identify as autistic!

• I sort of have done, just because it feels like that’s how I view the world, the struggles I have and the things that scratch my brain. Thank you for saying this to me, 

• You are very welcome! Self identification is perfectly valid, I am self identified too.

After all, you are the expert on your own autistic experience!

• That we are, and I get the feeling a lot of people have more evidence than I did for my assessment. I really feel like they missed so much and read me wrong. I think for the assessment they should just set up a secret camera in your house and watch you for a week lol i couldn’t know about the camera because I wouldn’t act naturally, I wish that’s what they could do though! I wish they would read the notes on my phone and watch my saved TikTok videos lol says a lot!

Yes absolutely! No one can get an accurate and thorough depiction of your autistic life through one or two hour assessments.

So sorry you didn’t get the response you were hoping for in your assessment but please be reassured that you are more than welcome in our autistic community!

After all many of us find the assessment process anxiety inducing which therefore significantly impacts our ability to convey why we think we are autistic anyway. It’s quite ironic that the assessment process is not very autistic friendly!

You are one of us!Smile

• That we are, and I get the feeling a lot of people have more evidence than I did for my assessment. I really feel like they missed so much and read me wrong. I think for the assessment they should just set up a secret camera in your house and watch you for a week lol i couldn’t know about the camera because I wouldn’t act naturally, I wish that’s what they could do though! I wish they would read the notes on my phone and watch my saved TikTok videos lol says a lot!

Yes absolutely! No one can get an accurate and thorough depiction of your autistic life through one or two hour assessments.

So sorry you didn’t get the response you were hoping for in your assessment but please be reassured that you are more than welcome in our autistic community!

After all many of us find the assessment process anxiety inducing which therefore significantly impacts our ability to convey why we think we are autistic anyway. It’s quite ironic that the assessment process is not very autistic friendly!

You are one of us!Smile

Children
No Data