Hello all. Happy to be here

Hey everyone.

I have been browsing around here for quite a while now and finally decided to join myself as you all seem so nice which makes for a great community.

It's great coming across people that I can relate to in this very NT world and reminding myself that I am not alone. I have Social Communication Disorder which isn't strictly autism, though does have some traits in common, those mainly being the social aspects. 

Hope you enjoyed reading and am looking forward to getting to know you all. Relaxed

Parents
  • Hi CrazycatLady91. Lovely of you to post something so nice about the community. And a further reminder that there are many people who take comfort from this place in empathy but silence. And whether it stays that way or someone joins in and keeps doing so, it must be consoling for those not often up to posting to feel represented and their vital presence felt/seen. 

I'm also reminded that it can go the other way too. I often think of Dogtooth's touching sentiment of 'still here, just quiet' that they took time to post one time when feeling especially burned out. Somehow four of the most moving words I've ever seen online. Maybe I shouldn't overanalyse why, they spoke for themselves. 

Anyway, welcome again CCL91 :-) Or rather, nice to know you've been here a while and found a sense of belonging. 

• Hi CrazycatLady91. Lovely of you to post something so nice about the community. And a further reminder that there are many people who take comfort from this place in empathy but silence. And whether it stays that way or someone joins in and keeps doing so, it must be consoling for those not often up to posting to feel represented and their vital presence felt/seen. 

I'm also reminded that it can go the other way too. I often think of Dogtooth's touching sentiment of 'still here, just quiet' that they took time to post one time when feeling especially burned out. Somehow four of the most moving words I've ever seen online. Maybe I shouldn't overanalyse why, they spoke for themselves. 

Anyway, welcome again CCL91 :-) Or rather, nice to know you've been here a while and found a sense of belonging. 

Children
No Data