Helloooo

Hi, I’m a 48 year old single mum to one, they’re 20 years old and they were diagnosed as autistic at 15, I was referred 12 months ago for assessment (still waiting). I am actually very aware that I’m autistic- but when the offspring was diagnosed it made it really clear that that was what was going on with me. Some friends have said I’m more autistic than the child. I refer to the child as the child, because they are non binary and although over 18, I’m not naming them. 

I work but have changed my jobs a lot over the years. I can’t cope with too much paperwork, I currently have my Rubik’s speed cube by my desk so I can fiddle with it when I need to relax, and I’m allowed/encouraged to go for a walk if I need to. 

I’ve had a lot of special interests over the years- Lego, Harry Potter, Star Wars (but not Lego Star Wars), graffiti, crochet, electronics, computers, music… I buy ordinance survey maps and read them for hours. I’m fascinated by die Mauer and ostolgie ( the Berlin Wall and nostalgia for the former East German culture) and I know just about every serial killer documentary. The child doesn’t share many of my special interests! 

so yeah. Being autistic and parenting solo. It’s been fun! 

Parents Reply Children
No Data