Hello

Hello. I'm an autistic woman, 26 years old, living in the UK. I'm going back to university again soon. I'm finding this extremely difficult to adjust to but am hopeful things will improve and I'll be ok this time. I really want to be successful in this and get a good job eventually as I'm currently too dependent on my parents and I don't want to end up sectioned again, an experience I've had four times and I'm not intending to go through it ever again.

I like science, very interesting to me, but I'm not sure if it's my special interest. It could be. I'm still discovering so much about autism and myself.

Parents
  • Welcome! Do you listen to music/watch TV?

• Thank you. Yes I listen to a lot of music, it helps me relax and hard me through my studying. I watch TV as well, lately I've been watching Taskmaster I'm really enjoying that. WBU?

• Oh I love Taskmaster! I watch a lot of British comedy stuff.

I like pop music, particularly boybands. Westlife, Take That, One Direction, as well as people like Ed Sheeran. 

• Same, I like Would I Lie to You and Not Going Out amongst some other stuff (including the older stuff).

I have heard some of Take That's new stuff yeah, I like Windows. I liked some of Ed's songs from his Subtract album, given my own feelings of grief recently (although slightly different).

• Me too I've liked it since it first started. I like British comedy, I think it's the best comedy out there. I've been watching classic British comedy when has been both fun and interesting.

Take that are one of my fav groups. Have you heard their new stuff? I like Ed Sheeran as well. He's done some lovely songs. I particularly like Visiting Hours, it makes me feel close to my sister who died last year.

• Me too I've liked it since it first started. I like British comedy, I think it's the best comedy out there. I've been watching classic British comedy when has been both fun and interesting.

Take that are one of my fav groups. Have you heard their new stuff? I like Ed Sheeran as well. He's done some lovely songs. I particularly like Visiting Hours, it makes me feel close to my sister who died last year.

Children
  • Same, I like Would I Lie to You and Not Going Out amongst some other stuff (including the older stuff).

I have heard some of Take That's new stuff yeah, I like Windows. I liked some of Ed's songs from his Subtract album, given my own feelings of grief recently (although slightly different).