New

Hello, I'm new to the community. I'm from Scotland and looking for any local support as I'm diagnosed now, also have anxiety and ADHD but there's literally no support in my area.

Do you know of anywhere I can go for support? Just a little would make a big difference but I've found none. My GP just wanted to shove me on medication but I prefer a more natural approach to things as the side effects affect me badly.

• I'm from Northern Ireland, but visited Ayr yesterday; and today.

Back home, after getting the coach, and ferry.

• Hello and welcome! I'm sorry you haven't found any support in your area, I hope this changes for you before long.

I would recommend you to stay on this forum as it's actually an excellent place to be for autistic people where you can receive support and be accepted around like minded good people.

Take care, look forward to seeing you around the threads.

• Welcome to the community. I'm new here as well, haven't had much time to be here yet but hoping to have more time on here this week.

I see you're from Scotland as well. Snap! Have you asked your GP if there's any local support? I did that and was referred to a local support group.

• Hi! Welcome to your autistic community!

Support for autistic adults is almost non existent at least formally anyway.

In which case you may prefer to look for support from a charity organisation or communities like this one.

Where do you live in Scotland? I ask as there is a brilliant organisation called AMASE which is based in Edinburgh which may be able to provide you with support.

• Nice to meet you :) I'm from the very south of the UK. I do hope you enjoy your stay here

• Hi there, I’m Scottish too! I’ve yet to find any support though unfortunately.

There is a Glasgow autism group on Meetup.com but it’s always fully booked. Have you checked the Scottish Autism site to see if there are any groups in your local area?