Newly diagnosed

Hello, Ive been diagnosed this week by way of a pip support letter before seeing my report. I have been sitting alone for days. Not sure what I should be doing.....

I am a 58 year old woman, my daughter hasn't spoken to me since me having a burnout. When I told her by text and sent the letter last week she said nothing and I missed my granddaughters birthday as I was not invited. I can't help myself having a meltdown when she ignores me. She is so angry with me. She wants nothing to do with me, yet we were the closest people, she came back to live with me for a year give years ago between jobs. I was heartbroken when she left but said nothing as I knew she needed to widen her horizons. 

She had a baby. I was a junkie in her early years, my aunty had them while I spent a year in rehab. I had all three straight back after completing rehab.

No at 30, I'm gone from her. She has a family and she is closer in proximity to my sister who bullied and does not speak to me either. They are best friends now.

I'm so angry with my daughter. I can't stop myself texting her sometimes. I don't understand at all.

Parents
  • Im sorry you are going through this. Try not to be angry with your daughter, she may well be struggling to accept what has happened. I would try to work on myself and my well being. If only we knew, and we could go back, but we cant. You both sound like you have vome through a difficult time. I would give your daughter time. Try not to text her too much except to say nice things. It may upset her otherwise. Let her be and she will make decisions that she feels are right for her. Coukd you access support so that you can talk to someone about this? Keep going x

• Im sorry you are going through this. Try not to be angry with your daughter, she may well be struggling to accept what has happened. I would try to work on myself and my well being. If only we knew, and we could go back, but we cant. You both sound like you have vome through a difficult time. I would give your daughter time. Try not to text her too much except to say nice things. It may upset her otherwise. Let her be and she will make decisions that she feels are right for her. Coukd you access support so that you can talk to someone about this? Keep going x

Children
No Data