Advice

Hi 

my son is black and 14 years old  he could have Austim or ADHD as his half brother has It also, however his Dosent seem to be as severe as his brother, I know each child can show different signs and not everybody is the same, I have also  had solicitor who pointed this out to me and said that he thinks my son has a disability. Now I have been to the doctors I had a questionnaire given and me and my son filled it out together, from the answers given on the questionnaire it was enough for a referral which was done. However the referral also relies on observation from the school,  so  another questionnaire was given so that the school could also observe how he interacts in his lessons. Unfortunately when the form was handed to the school at reception I was told the senco teacher was off it and it would be given too her once she returned this was never done so he miss the referral appointment after constantly ringing and emailing the school to see what was happening with it. Time gone by as this was in 2022. Cut a long story short my son was getting into trouble at school and they keep putting it down to bad behaviour. Not listening or concentrating being defiant etc . And they have put him on manage moves because of this which have failed as his needs are not being met. I brought this up with the school again 2024 and they said they can’t do a senco assessment now as there is a long waiting list and they are only concentrating on children who are looking at permanent exclusion. However they said they can do a learning plan for him. Is this right ? 

Parents Reply Children
No Data