Recently diagnosed adult finding it difficult to recover skills and activity levels

I have been encouraged to seek out community by my psychologist.  I think the idea is that I might be able to develop a broader understanding of autism / neurodivergence following my autism assessment, which was quite deficit focused.

In browsing the discussions I have found myself drawn to the subject of autistic burnout - .https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/autistic-fatigue/autistic-adults .

Parents
  • I still don't properly understand burnout but this video helped tremendously. It's Kieran Rose. My burnout was contributed to by the fact I thought perpetual exhaustion was normal. It isn't. 

The medical and mental health world need to catch up with what autistic burnout is. Incorrect "treatment" further exacerbates the problem. Rest and recuperation is what is needed. 

m.youtube.com/watch

• I still don't properly understand burnout but this video helped tremendously. It's Kieran Rose. My burnout was contributed to by the fact I thought perpetual exhaustion was normal. It isn't. 

The medical and mental health world need to catch up with what autistic burnout is. Incorrect "treatment" further exacerbates the problem. Rest and recuperation is what is needed. 

m.youtube.com/watch

Children
No Data