I'm a 39 year old lady and proud to say I was diagnosed as autistic yesterday! I'm delighted to be part of this community!

It's so lovely to be here. Firstly, thank you to the amazing members who helped point me in the right direction during my diagnosis journey. I'm delighted to have discovered I'm autistic and also very overwhelmed by it. I mask a lot and I've made a promise to myself to try and let myself be more authentically myself as much as I can now, especially now I have a diagnosis. I love cats, books, mental health and psychology. I also have bipolar disorder. Navigating both bipolar disorder and autism is definitely challenging. I hope to be an active part of this community and help people as much as I possibly can. 

Parents
  • Welcome I was diagnosed with autism and ADHD when I was 21 years old which was almost 11 years ago now I love being part of the autism community and I sometimes post fun little debates for example are Jaffer cakes a cake or biscuit and so on. Feel free to take part if you like. Sadly I’m more of a dog person than a cat person but I love all animals including cats. 

• I never thought I'd be a cat person untill I got gorgeous rescue boy. I was always a dog person before that. Funny you should mention Jaffa Cakes were my safe food growing up! Thank you for the loveHuggingly welcome.

• I never thought I'd be a cat person untill I got gorgeous rescue boy. I was always a dog person before that. Funny you should mention Jaffa Cakes were my safe food growing up! Thank you for the loveHuggingly welcome.

Children
No Data