Love to Travel

Hi

I love to travel but where the friends that I have, have partners and families they either don't have the time or money.

I'm not very good at knowing what to say, especially when I don't know people but I really want to meet like minded people.

I was only diagnosed just over 2 years ago

• I visited Ayr, in Scotland, and am now on the ferry back to Belfast.

Good to experience new places, even if it's sore on the pocket and wastline.

• It can be tough when your friends are tied up with their families and responsibilities, leaving you itching to explore new places. But hey, that's what communities like this are for, right? I'm fairly new here myself, but I stumbled upon this forum in search of fellow travel enthusiasts. It's amazing how connecting with like-minded folks can spark new adventures!

• Hi and welcome.

I'm new here as well.

I used to like travelling, my mum would take me out on weekends to local nature areas and we would go foraging and exploring. The beach was another place I used to adore going to. I like hearing the sea and watching the tide. Being out in nature is lovely, there's so much to see and hear.

Sadly I don't get to travel now but I still remember all the times I did.

• Hello,

I love to travel and visit London using my rail card. I last went in September for a autism protest at Downing street. I have spent a week in Suffolk in a cottage I rented and loved it. Please do not be hard on yourself about communicating as I often clam up as I cannot get the words out.  

• Welcome to the community Relaxed

I love to travel too, although I haven't been able to travel very far over the past few years. Solo travel comes with a lot of extra challenges not least those dreaded and unfair solo supplements.

There is a thread on here about holidays and travel, so that might be a good place for you to start.

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/29801/travelling-holidays

• I travelled a bit when I was younger. In my own humble opinion it's not as good as people think it is. I spent a lot of money for what was just a few days. For about five years now I haven't had a holiday and barely travel outside the town I live in.