Book Recommendations

I'm still getting my head round how autism presents in general and how it relates to me particularly. Does anyone have any recommendations for books that helped them understand their diagnosis?

Parents
  • Anything by Temple Grandin is a great starting point. The 2010 film about her, with Claire Danes, is also very good.

I read a huge amount - always have done. Prior to my diagnosis aged 37 I took solace in certain inspiring stories. Nando Parrado's Miracle in the Andes being one, it's a story about overcoming severe personal trauma. There's a film on Netflix about this right now - Society of the Snow. Difficult viewing, but it is an inspiring story.

• Anything by Temple Grandin is a great starting point. The 2010 film about her, with Claire Danes, is also very good.

I read a huge amount - always have done. Prior to my diagnosis aged 37 I took solace in certain inspiring stories. Nando Parrado's Miracle in the Andes being one, it's a story about overcoming severe personal trauma. There's a film on Netflix about this right now - Society of the Snow. Difficult viewing, but it is an inspiring story.

Children
No Data