Hello

Hello Everyone,

Delighted to have found this community, after an ASD diagnosis six months ago :)) 

Like many others, it was the diagnosis of a family member that led to my own lightbulb moment and subsequent diagnosis. I am happy to finally understand myself a little better and only wish my diagnosis had happened sooner, rather than at the ripe old age of 53, but better late than never! 

I am studying a degree in creative writing via distance learning (currently battling SFE for a maintenance loan) and have just sent off the form to claim PIP - fingers crossed everyone! I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst in terms of PIP. Reading the experiences of others on this forum has given me hope, and the determination to persist with PIP even if they initially reject me. Thank you to all those who have shared their PIP journeys, both the lows and the highs, knowing there is a supportive community here gave me the encouragement I needed to make my own application.

Like many here, I am a person of passionate interests ;)) I love listening to music and immersing creatively. It is such a relief to discover this lovely community - finally a place where I fit perfectly!

Parents
  • Hello and welcome here. I joined yesterday and I'm already really enjoying being here with everyone.

Don't worry about being rejected for PIP the first couple of times. It took me 5 attempts before they finally gave me PIP and I'm in a wheelchair! I read online from others experiences that PIP almost never do it on the first attempt.

What sort of music do you like? 

It is such a relief to discover this lovely community - finally a place where I fit perfectly!

Wonderful. 

• Hello and welcome here. I joined yesterday and I'm already really enjoying being here with everyone.

Don't worry about being rejected for PIP the first couple of times. It took me 5 attempts before they finally gave me PIP and I'm in a wheelchair! I read online from others experiences that PIP almost never do it on the first attempt.

What sort of music do you like? 

It is such a relief to discover this lovely community - finally a place where I fit perfectly!

Wonderful. 

Children
  • Hi Kitty,

Thank you for the encouragement and the warm welcome, good to hear you were able to get PIP after much perseverance. It's a shame that we have to fight so hard, and suffer so much stress and anxiety in the course of trying to make a claim. That's where supportive communities like this one really help, lifting each other up, offering advice and just standing together when things feel grim. So glad to meet you all :))

In terms of music my tastes are eclectic, I love world/folk/pop/quirky indie stuff and even enjoy a bit of drum and bass via my lovely children. They tend to monopolise the playlists in the car - and now I am habituated to most of the stuff they listen to!