Denied Autism Assessment

I have posted here before. I am 35 male. 

I spoke to my doctor and they said I should do an assessment for autism and they put me forward to a clinic. I did the autism assessment form with my mum. I filled in everything and totally packed out the extras page. 

The clinic I was sent to has terrible reviews on how they say you're not autistic if you're chatty etc. they denied someone instantly for pulling out their chair for their wife. 

Anyway I didn't hear off them so I rang the doctors and another doctor said my application was denied because I didn't give enough information. It honestly baffles me because I packed that page out. The doctor then said after talking to me I am too sociable to have autism, which annoyed me. 

My uncle has autism and has never worked due to it and has a carer but is the most sociable person. At the time I was like ok but over time I feel more wound up. 

It really disappointed me. I'm tired of being told that I don't need to be diagnosed or there's no cure for autism. I don't want to be cured but when I looked into it so so much made sense for me. Now I feel like I am a liar with anxiety that's my own fault due to not having perfect diet etc. 

Getting diagnosed would have been like my brain had finally been pieced together and I could have guided through life knowing this. 

I am considering paying over £2000 for a private assessment but if I do that to be told I just have anxiety I will be real stressed. I work full time but saving the money would be hard. 

Has anyone else had experience like this or has advice? 

Parents
  • ehh... even if they say your too sociable it could be adhd then for all they know. 
    do they not have duty of care to investigate whether it could be something else? ...ofcourse the real reason is because they are just snowed under with referrals, so they are blanket rejecting everyone i think.

• Totally! They will be really snowed under but they pushed it to one side. They should look at my medical records and see I've been searching for an answer for years. I've considered a written complaint to say how much they disappointed me. 

• Totally! They will be really snowed under but they pushed it to one side. They should look at my medical records and see I've been searching for an answer for years. I've considered a written complaint to say how much they disappointed me. 

Children
No Data