Hi everyone :)

Hi my name's Salem, I'm 17 years old and I recently got diagnosed with asd. 

My special interest is pretty much anything video game related more specifically nintendo related games like animal crossing and minecraft, as well as video game hacking and hardware.

Getting diagnosed has been pretty rough experience. It's been over a month and they haven't even bothered to give me my report, even though they have verbally stated I have received the diagnosis.

I'm really struggling to come to terms with and accept my diagnosis, in all honesty I've been very depressed and disheartened ever since.

I have no family members or friends to support me through this, to be honest nobody really cares and it's made me feel very lonely.

So I decided to join this community to learn more about asd and read other peoples experiences to hopefully be more educated and feel less alone.

It's nice to meet you all :) 

• Welcome to this community, I hope you find it helpful. When I was diagnosed in November 2021 I received a one page letter explaining it but never received the long report they said I'd get further down the line as the firm that carried it out (contracted out from NHS) shut down soon after. I'm slowly looking into and exploring Autism myself e.g. I became an NAS member this year and this forum community chat. I'm finding it helpful hearing other people's thoughts and experiences and I like that there's a good range of ages. I've tried going along to one or two Autism groups here and there.