College

Hi I'm just coming in for some advice I've sent back to college for the 4 time I'm 20 and recently homless I'm in temporary accommodation and trying to do full time college it's burning me out I cant eat or think in the in between of trying to sort out my bills in this temporary flat I don't even have internet yet but I'm having to do a report that I'm struggling with understanding the layoutRaised hands tone1much as I have a dyslexia like condition .the other time I left were due to have nervous breakdowns and unable to cope with the pressure and the people ect I don't know if I should give up and focRaised hands tone1n this flat as I have a limited capacity to work just very frustrating cause I love this course it's just making me be on buffer or meltdowns Raised hands tone1finally done I just don't want everyone to be disappointed because it's another thing I couldn't finish or cope with :/ pls give me feed back if u can x

Parents
  • Hi, I was in the same boat a few years ago in college, I loved the course but I was under a lot of stress from other things which made me hate going to college and got burnt out rather quickly. I was meant to start college this year but I dropped out before it started due to anxiety and feeling overwhelmed with the thought of needing to attend again. 

If you really think you can't cope and get burnt out with stuff, you have had massive changes in your becoming homeless and getting a temporary flat and such. Have you thought about talking to the college and asking if you could stop attending this year and perhaps start again next year? So you can give yourself a break, try to cope & get in a better mindset?

I'm sure no one will be disappointed because you have had to stop, you need to focus on yourself and getting better and trying to find some coping strategies. Don't worry what other people think, I used to worry about what people thought of me but I stopped and I have been on a better track. 

All the best, feel free to pm me anytime if you need to talk.

• Hi, I was in the same boat a few years ago in college, I loved the course but I was under a lot of stress from other things which made me hate going to college and got burnt out rather quickly. I was meant to start college this year but I dropped out before it started due to anxiety and feeling overwhelmed with the thought of needing to attend again. 

If you really think you can't cope and get burnt out with stuff, you have had massive changes in your becoming homeless and getting a temporary flat and such. Have you thought about talking to the college and asking if you could stop attending this year and perhaps start again next year? So you can give yourself a break, try to cope & get in a better mindset?

I'm sure no one will be disappointed because you have had to stop, you need to focus on yourself and getting better and trying to find some coping strategies. Don't worry what other people think, I used to worry about what people thought of me but I stopped and I have been on a better track. 

All the best, feel free to pm me anytime if you need to talk.

Children
No Data