Question regarding career and obsession

I am new here.   We are trying to help our 30 year old son (diagnosed with Aspergers at the time) with his career.   His obsession is with sports, primarily football and definitely with one college, ohio state.  He got a job at a sports radio station where they talk sports all day, but not much about his team.   He is employed in a different state.   He found out he has to work the next 3 Saturdays when his team is playing and he won't be able to watch and/ or focus on his team.   He almost had a meltdown.   How can I help him get through this?   It would be easier if it weren't his obsession.   We are at a loss because we can't begin to know (even though we've tried) the depth of his obsession.  We discussed him recording it and watching it at another time, but he said it's not the same.   Would love to hear any insight into this.  

• He found out he has to work the next 3 Saturdays when his team is playing and he won't be able to watch and/ or focus on his team.   He almost had a meltdown. 

This will end up between his manager and him - if he has to be focussing on his job during the time of the match then he basicaly has a choice between his club and his job.

I worked for a certian large football league in the UK for a long time and they used to stream all the televised matches around the offices when they were being played so you could keep an eye on your team between tasks.

Maybe he could have it playing on a laptop or window on his computer while he works, but he has to make sure his work takes priority. This is part of having to fit into a world where out interests sometimes have to take a backseat to our livelihood.

If he is insistent that he has to watch it then make him explain to you what would happen if he was caught goofing off work to watch his team. Essentially being paid to do something then refusing to do it. Understaning the consequences can sometimes help him make the difficult decision of plan B to watch it after the shift has ended.