Currently awaiting Assessement

Hello everyone! 

I'm a 29 year old girl from Wales. I'm currently waiting to be assessed and I'm touch with a whole bunch of services for support.

I think I'm in an Autistic burnout. I lost my job last October because they weren't happy with my performance and motivation. I was originally diagnosed with depression, GAD and Social Anxiety. I have a cardiac arrhythmia that was suspected to have been triggered by constant stress. More recently my doctors even suspected BPD. These conditions and my inability to control them almost cost me my current relationship. My partner didn't know I was autistic at the time and he totally thought that I was just being horrible and difficult towards him. He couldn't understand why I wasn't more independent or why I melted down all the time. The worst part was I didn't know either and so I felt huge guilt. 

That almost break up paired with the fact that we are in a long distance relationship pushed me over the edge. We managed to patch things up and I agreed to travel with him to his home country. I had no clue that was going to overwhelm me so much. Like I have trouble navigating in this society which I was born in, so imagine my shock being in a whole other culture, with a whole other language and social rules! We were living in a city too so my sensory overload was unbearable every time we went out. I thought I would be fine but I wasn't. I came back home after 3 months and couldn't get out of bed for a week. Things haven't gotten much better since either, I'm emotional, irritated, picky with my food and sleeping ALL of the time. After some research and talks with my family and partner, we decided to consider autism as a possibility. That story is actually way more complex and frustrating but that's the gist of it anyway lol. 

I'm struggling to come to terms with the idea I'm autistic. At the same time I am relieved to find myself in the many autistic YouTubers and in books such as 'Drama Queen' and 'Unmasking Autism'. I have no idea what to do whilst I await assessment. I have no idea how to get back to work and I feel a bit lost... 

Anyway its nice to join the community Smile

It will be nice to read other people's posts! 

Parents
  • I think the word label depends on how it is used. Many people find it annoying as a term. Not me. § Years ago my father asked me what I had. understand on my part. §The mistake that some make is in hiding behind a label. In that label it is written in principle how it is. we didn't know it before without a label. I imagine it was a mess in your case too. § Without that label, here you end up in a hell of useless and wrong, disastrous therapies. § My partner often tells me that she too has had some discomfort , in life. I answer that mine were also hardships, but I didn't understand, not even where I was positioned: who were you? § If you don't know who you are, how you are, you have no identity. § Question: can one not have an identity and function in a world that is alien to us? § Are you a therapist or a university student? Your answers are always interesting. Never trivial. § And if we didn't have any labels, how would we explain ourselves to those who love us and don't understand us? That is: how would we do without even that diagnostic label? Because it really was a nightmare not being able to understand. And I couldn't give that answer, now I can't anymore. Now he has a label with a perennial date. They were both ill .§I read cardiac arrhythmia: in case the doctor prescribes drugs, let him know sari-chan.Sari reminds me more of India, Chan of China.To Iain Japan.I didn't read your presentation in case sorry for that .§You know from that label in my cousins' families they have drawn from not having more children. Some adopt them from Eastern Europe. They are well-off families and they can afford it
    §
    The labels annoy us on the skin, I ruined half of my wardrobe to take them off sometimes with holes in the garment, maybe it's delicate, as well as what was written on the label I took off

• I think the word label depends on how it is used. Many people find it annoying as a term. Not me. § Years ago my father asked me what I had. understand on my part. §The mistake that some make is in hiding behind a label. In that label it is written in principle how it is. we didn't know it before without a label. I imagine it was a mess in your case too. § Without that label, here you end up in a hell of useless and wrong, disastrous therapies. § My partner often tells me that she too has had some discomfort , in life. I answer that mine were also hardships, but I didn't understand, not even where I was positioned: who were you? § If you don't know who you are, how you are, you have no identity. § Question: can one not have an identity and function in a world that is alien to us? § Are you a therapist or a university student? Your answers are always interesting. Never trivial. § And if we didn't have any labels, how would we explain ourselves to those who love us and don't understand us? That is: how would we do without even that diagnostic label? Because it really was a nightmare not being able to understand. And I couldn't give that answer, now I can't anymore. Now he has a label with a perennial date. They were both ill .§I read cardiac arrhythmia: in case the doctor prescribes drugs, let him know sari-chan.Sari reminds me more of India, Chan of China.To Iain Japan.I didn't read your presentation in case sorry for that .§You know from that label in my cousins' families they have drawn from not having more children. Some adopt them from Eastern Europe. They are well-off families and they can afford it
    §
    The labels annoy us on the skin, I ruined half of my wardrobe to take them off sometimes with holes in the garment, maybe it's delicate, as well as what was written on the label I took off

Children
No Data