Autism and diagnosis

Hi.

I have posted on here before. But I actually spoke to a doctor today about the possibility I might have autism! He sent me one of those questionnaires. However, they don't seem to cover things like anxiety, mental health etc so I'm not sure what to think and hoping you all might be able to help. As a child I presented challenging behaviour (causing trouble), I had a few meltdowns, I had repetitive behaviour to control anxiety - I have had bad anxiety since childhood. But the questionnaire doesn't cover any of this. Should it? Are these questionnaires thorough? I still have anxiety which makes me feel overwhelmed. I'd love to know your opinion.

Parents
  • Hi.  As part of the process I went through recently to get a diagnosis I filled out a few questionnaires. I did a couple of multi choice one's and a couple of others that didn't ask about my childhood / issues etc.  What I found helped me a lot was to write a report on myself during different stages of my life.  This helped me when I got through to face to face meetings.  I'd say do the questionnaire as best you can and go back to the doctor with a list of questions around what happens next.  As Uhane says, it could be other things. Good luck

• I think the fact they have posted on here is enough, no one needs the - it could be something else , if you know you know 

Reply Children
No Data