Jobs for autistic adults?

Hello everybody I'm a 20-year-old female who hasn't had a job since November, and I really need a job. I'm unable to work in customer service because it rapidly made me exhausted and simply made my anxiety worse.

I tried McDonald's, but I had to leave after almost two years because, before I was diagnosed, if I became too overwhelmed, I would just shut down and pretend to be sick so I could go home. My hands would physically shake from anxiety, and it scared me that people would keep asking me about it in front of my coworkers and clients. I worked as a customer service assistant for Tesco for 11 months, but I quit because I couldn't handle nasty customers or being left to manage the desk by myself.In essence, this means that customer-facing positions are off limits.

I'm out of time and don't know where to seek for employment that are accommodating. I rely on savings, but they are slowly depleting, so I need to find a work as soon as possible that I can accomplish.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank You,

Parents
  • Hi Blush a few less exhausting job suggestions would be working with animals, book shop or possibly a remote working from home job where you could do admin work without going into the office. If you don't mind very early mornings then you could still work in a supermarket but as a person that picks the shopping for online customers. That way the majority of your shift would be while the supermarket is closed to the public.

Good luck with job hunting Blush

• Hi Blush a few less exhausting job suggestions would be working with animals, book shop or possibly a remote working from home job where you could do admin work without going into the office. If you don't mind very early mornings then you could still work in a supermarket but as a person that picks the shopping for online customers. That way the majority of your shift would be while the supermarket is closed to the public.

Good luck with job hunting Blush

Children
No Data