New here. Not diagnosed but going for an assessment soon.

I am in my late 30s and female.

I have not been diagnosed with autism, but I scored quite high on a test the psychologist used on me. I think it might have been the AQ10 test. She was going to refer me for a thorough assessment but it's been two years and that has not happened yet. The psychiatrist is now trying to chase this. I have experienced psychosis so he's trying to see if it's linked to autism because I get high levels of anxiety. I have not read much about psychosis being linked to autism so I'm a bit sceptical.

I'm here to find out what to expect at the assessment. 

Parents
  • A person can have a psychotic episode and be autistic, but our sensory experiences can also be mistaken for hallucination, so it important that they take care differentiating between the two.

The wait times are awful at the moment, sadly.

• A person can have a psychotic episode and be autistic, but our sensory experiences can also be mistaken for hallucination, so it important that they take care differentiating between the two.

The wait times are awful at the moment, sadly.

Children
  • I did not have a lot of hallucinations, mostly delusions. So it's a bit difficult to tell if it is schizophrenia or related to autism. I have been waiting for two years and I think they forgot to refer me over the pandemic. I should have chased it up but I at the time I wasn't sure if the diagnosis would help much.