Hi I’m new here too

Hello my name is Jen. I was identified as an aspie in 2013. I like the colour lilac, cats, vintage stuff from the 50s-70s, dogs, and other quiet people! I have two kids and my eldest is also an aspie. I work in retail and I really struggle with the social aspect of it. I really really struggle to make friends with people at work or at my childrens school. I feel like no one really finds me fun enough or whatever it is. I’m confused about what it is that makes it so easy for neurotypicals to make so many friends 

Parents
  • Hi Lilac92, welcome to the forum. I also love vintage from the 50s/60s and 70s. What do you like about the 50s-70s in particular?

I agree its difficult to make friends especially as we get older, in my personal opinion but there seems to be quite a few pretty cool people on here so again welcome to the forum Blush

• Hi Lilac92, welcome to the forum. I also love vintage from the 50s/60s and 70s. What do you like about the 50s-70s in particular?

I agree its difficult to make friends especially as we get older, in my personal opinion but there seems to be quite a few pretty cool people on here so again welcome to the forum Blush

Children
  • Hey Jenn, I love the vintage fashion as well. 
    I have a daughter and I really struggled with all the school social staff and baby clubs. I was lucky I had to work full time as I am a single mum so I could avoid pay of it due to my mum doing the school run. But I would dread when my daughter had parents evening or parties. 
    We also have a dog who has done wonders for me. 

I find small talk pointless, I rather be in silence but most people I have found find silence difficult and then I can sense their uncomfortable body language. 

I was wondering what you meant about people not finding you fun? 
    Maybe it’s the wrong people around you that don’t bring that fun side out of you? 
    when I am comfortable which is mainly with my dog and now teen daughter I am like a silly 10 year old even though I am turning 40 this year. 

p.s I am new to this site as well and hoping it will help me with understanding myself more and learning from other experiences so I don’t feel so alien.