Hello

Hi there, I'm new here. Nice to meet you. I got posting and completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Rebecca, autistic and possibly ADHD, waiting for tests on that one.

Parents
  • Hello Bex,

I am Number, autistic and almost certainly ADHD, waiting for tests on that one - with a view to hopefully finding that Methylphenidate is a "wonder drug" for me.......ever the optimist [INSERT IRONIC WINKING EMOJI - COZ I STRUGGLE WITH BEING POSITIVE!]

Nice to meet you.  I look forward to seeing you around more.

• Wink there's your winking emoji ;) 

I'm also waiting for ADHD diagnosis. My GP thinks there's a good chance I have it, having read up the symptoms myself I would be inclined to agree with her there.

I hope you don't have to wait for too long for your tests and diagnosis.

• Bex,

It's not that I don't have emojis to use - its that many of us here like to have things spelt out with no uncertainty as to what they mean - and I know that they are very difficult for people with poor eyesight to correctly interpret.  Personally don't like them.

I don't have to wait for ADHD assessment but I am choosing to wait so that I am properly informed and researched on the topic and also fully prepared mentally, socially and intellectually.  I like to be very prepared for everything.

See you around.

• I'm not a big emoji fan either. My sister uses them for everything, like expressing her feelings but I find that confusing. I use them for some things, usually just the normal smiley face but not for much else.

Good idea on preparing in advance. I do the same, like to know everything about it big and small. When I was waiting for asd assessment I researched it endlessly.

Thanks again.

• I'm not a big emoji fan either. My sister uses them for everything, like expressing her feelings but I find that confusing. I use them for some things, usually just the normal smiley face but not for much else.

Good idea on preparing in advance. I do the same, like to know everything about it big and small. When I was waiting for asd assessment I researched it endlessly.

Thanks again.

Children
No Data