Where to begin

Hi everyone

I’m a mum of a 29 year old son who has just been diagnosed with autism. We had suspected this for some time

Our son has difficulty with the social aspect amongst other things too

Because he finds making friends so hard, he doesn’t  actually have any friends and didn’t at school either. 
He spends every day in his room with his gaming and TV

i was just wondering if anybody could tell us the next steps we should take. Unfortunately there are no meeting groups in our area

many thanks for any help you can give us

Parents
  • I, like your son have just received my diagnosis . I have always felt different to others - felt as though everyone else was playing a board game they enjoyed playing, had read the instructions and knew the rules whereas I had to play the board game without knowing how to play, what the rules are and with no instructions. Keep in mind that your son is probably perfectly happy gaming and watching TV. I have always been at my happiest when on my own, doing my own thing and not having to conform to how other people expect me to be.  

• Thank you for your message. My son spends every day in his room gaming and watching TV as this is his comfort zone. 
    He can just be himself and not worry what others may think or say. It would just be so nice for him to meet people who understand him like we do and build some friendships. 

• I’m not to sure how I can contact you but my Instagram is JoeBellis_

Reply Children