*WARNING* some may find this upsetting. Your feedback / opinions / recommendations welcome

I’ve just joined and have just finished watching the 2 episodes of autistic minds which I found brilliant. I’m recommending to everyone I meet that they should watch it!

I have recently set up a charitable organisation in memory of and as a legacy for my 19th at old son who we lost in November 2021 to suicide.

He was autistic, but it was missed. This contributed to a severe mental health decline where he tried his best but I guess he felt the only answer to his pain was to end his life.

I’m not really sure how to help with this new set up, but I desperately want to try and prevent anyone else from going through what we have.

any ideas are welcome.

wishing you all the best x

Parents
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my sister to suicide, she was also autistic. It's so hard moving on from suicide but I think what you're doing is wonderful and want to wish you luck.

People definitely need more understanding with autism, it is missed way too much.

You could contact the NAS for advice and guidance, they might be able to point you in the right direction of who to contact.

Google is a good starting point as well.

Good luck.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my sister to suicide, she was also autistic. It's so hard moving on from suicide but I think what you're doing is wonderful and want to wish you luck.

People definitely need more understanding with autism, it is missed way too much.

You could contact the NAS for advice and guidance, they might be able to point you in the right direction of who to contact.

Google is a good starting point as well.

Good luck.

Children
No Data