Adult Undiagnosed Scared

Hello, I'm a 51yr old undiagnosed man.  Married with 3 children.  Only just linking things to possible high functioning Asperger's or Autism.  I've completed several online tests which suggest I should look into things further.  Any advice appreciated also would like to understand if anyone else has experience of hypersexuality due to the condition or linked OCD behaviour.  My marriage is at breaking point and I'm scared.

Parents
  • Sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. I'd advise visiting your GP ASAP, taking your online test results and writing down any aspects of your life in the past that you think suggest autism. They're likely to refer you for assessment. The waiting lists are lengthy at the moment, so try to read as much as you can. I don't know if therapy would be helpful for some of the other things in the meantime.

Hope you're able to find a way forward. 

• Sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. I'd advise visiting your GP ASAP, taking your online test results and writing down any aspects of your life in the past that you think suggest autism. They're likely to refer you for assessment. The waiting lists are lengthy at the moment, so try to read as much as you can. I don't know if therapy would be helpful for some of the other things in the meantime.

Hope you're able to find a way forward. 

Children
  • Thanks for the reply.  I've already visited the GP who has prescribed Anti-depressants to supress the compulsions.  I have self-referred to the local NHS assessment and marked the referral as urgent.  I'm hoping that the fact that my compulsions have become a danger to my wife and myself push me up the waiting list.  I'm pretty desperate for some help and more importantly answers to why this has happened to me.