Hair Brushing

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.. my daughter is 5 - she was diagnosed  at 3 ½ years old. She has sensory autism. 

I'm looking for any advice.. I've come to a brick wall! Hair brushing! She will not let me brush her hair.

I can only just wash it in the bath but can't brush it or run my fingers through it - nothing. She hates the brushes and throws them. I have managed so far to just clip it back and put a bobble in it for nursery but it is starting to dreadlock..

Does anyone have any advice or tips? I am starting to think ill just have to leave it to dreadlock until she's abot older but I really don't want to if I can avoid it. 

I appreciate any help!

Thanks

Zoe

Parents
  • Shorter hair will make it more manageable for your daughter. But I can understand if she likes having longer hair I always have. When it comes to brushing could you play her favourite music on quietly or put on a DVD she likes to make her more comfortable? If she's feeling happy and distracted it might make her less anxious about the brushing. 

• I have a hard time brushing my hair and I wish I can do it more often and so I can look better in life

Reply Children
No Data