Diagnoses at 53 years old

Hi Iam Stuart 

I got my diagnoses in july last year .its still sinking in but i feel the mask has dropped dramatically. 

Iam still wondering about deficits . i know i miss social Ques and struggle with body language .

I feel like life just started and ive missed loads ..

Anyway hello from me in the desolate North West 

Parents
  • Hi Stuart

I am in the North West, and was diagnosed last year also at the age of 44. I am 45 now.

Like you I am still adjusting to the diagnosis, but more and more each day I learn just how autistic I am.

It has been a very difficult 12 months since my diagnosis and I feel the diagnosis at such a late age has been hard to take, especially given many of my autistic traits were missed by MH services for so long.

I am learning I overshare, miss social ques and am quite isolated.

I feel the last 17 years of life has been missed, and I don’t know where to start with getting on track!

• Hi Stuart

I am in the North West, and was diagnosed last year also at the age of 44. I am 45 now.

Like you I am still adjusting to the diagnosis, but more and more each day I learn just how autistic I am.

It has been a very difficult 12 months since my diagnosis and I feel the diagnosis at such a late age has been hard to take, especially given many of my autistic traits were missed by MH services for so long.

I am learning I overshare, miss social ques and am quite isolated.

I feel the last 17 years of life has been missed, and I don’t know where to start with getting on track!

Children
No Data