All about me.

Hello, my name is shania. I am 16 years old, I have ADHD, Small Asperger’s and Autism, it is honestly crazy how alike but different Asperger’s and autism is, I have been learning so much about autism as I was never sure of what it contained and why I was the way I was. Knowing I have autism finally after my parent trying for 13+ years to get me noticed and diagnosed after such a long journey of issues is a genuine relief. I dont know anybody with autism in my local area and have nobody to talk to as nobody else relates. I struggle with change a great deal and many other things that are in relation to autism. I am quite misunderstood by other people because of my conditions. It pains me that I cannot gain help from services such as CAMHS, as they have deeply failed me. I am not diagnosed with ADHD but it is very apparent that is a condition I have. I am 16 and in college I am very poor with my social interactions and become extremely anxious with new people and new situations. Transitioning from primary school to highschool and then highschool to college has always been my main struggle as of course it is a change, I always knew that it is a change I would face but always struggled both times when i faced it. I have come here to hopefully find other people that share my same experiences and understand me as an individual. 
Thankyou for reading.

Parents
  • Autism and Asperger’s are the same. Asperger’s is just a different form of autism. They don’t use that diagnosis anymore, I was nearly diagnosed with Asperger’s nearly 10 years ago but when I got diagnosed 4 years ago instead they called it autism. Asperger’s doesn’t exist anymore it’s just called autism now, hopefully this cleared thing up for you Joy.

• Autism and Asperger’s are the same. Asperger’s is just a different form of autism. They don’t use that diagnosis anymore, I was nearly diagnosed with Asperger’s nearly 10 years ago but when I got diagnosed 4 years ago instead they called it autism. Asperger’s doesn’t exist anymore it’s just called autism now, hopefully this cleared thing up for you Joy.

Children
No Data