Failed as a mother

I’m going to be honest here. I don’t know much about autism. Where here I come from you keep them locked away until they are fixed because it’s not a real thing just bad parents. So I am trying really hard to learn what I can. I tried mumsnet but must have said something wrong because my whole account got removed. My son might be autistic. He is almost 15 so please understand that I’m extremely confused because I always thought it was something you get as an infant. He never showed any signs of being autistic. He is loving and speaks perfectly. He was always hitting his milestones and non of the schools ever mentioned anything was off with him. His primary school even had a whole other building for autistic children. He’s been having tantrums about silly things like not knowing what he wants to eat or the restaurant being too hot and noisy. Someone I know has an autistic child and she mentioned it too me. So I’m going to see the go in December with him to try get it treated, is it treatable? I know it can’t be cured but can they do things to help. My friends child won’t look at you, doesn’t speak and flaps his hands and screams when he needs something. I didn’t know you could get autistic teens. Everything is all written about babies and young children. So what did I do wrong? I believed that the MMR was safe and vaccinated all my children against my mothers orders, but I have obviously done something wrong. I have two other children and don’t want to make the same mistakes again. What did I do wrong? I followed everything my elders told me to do. We are supposed to go out with the whole family for Christmas but how can I take him if the doctors say he has autism? I know the minute my mother hears the doctor say he has autism that will be it. She will tell everyone I’m a useless mother and they will try take my others away so they don’t get it. I don’t want that for him. He’s a smart, lovely young man who just finds somethings difficult. Has anyone had to deal with this kind of thing. I just need help. I don’t even know how to tell my mother we have to take my son to the doctors and she is going to berate me for calling them without her permission. Am I doing the right thing? Is there anything I can use to show them that teens can get autism and that I am doing everything in my power to be a good mother to them all. Please I just need some help. 

Parents
  • Autism is wildly misunderstood because it is simply a different way of perceiving, reasoning, understanding and communicating with the world around. 100 years ago, some children with Additional Disabilities would've been recognised. Ones who were simply Autistic-Wired would've been allowed to be a little more hyper-sensory, detailed, problem-solving and helped into their potential without being expected to be overly emotionally intelligent or integrate into a particular social system. I believe one of the problems is that now boarders are more closed between countries than they were 100+ years ago, our expectations have changed to a closing in of homogenisation regarding how we think.

Autistic NeuroWiring would've been confused with 2 of Jungs archetypes which are more systems thinking and introverted. Humans discover a difference through extremes. As we discover more about NeuroDivergent Thinking, we are recognising there are different brain-types, some of which are humans better suited for different Potentials. Dyslexics may have great communication skills but they're not wired well for dealing with the type of symbols that produce written language (note that humans only started reading on a large scale about 200 years ago). However, 50% and growing of Composers in the world are dyslexic. They use their brain different. There's a possibility that building a Sonic Architecture is similar to brick layering, construction, mechanics - another set of individuals with a larger percent of dyslexia. Why? The brain cannot ever be everything all at once. How its wired is genetic at core. Some will never be physicists and we simply have difficulty accepting these Human Terms in modern life because we've all been sold some silly lie that anyone can be anything if the try hard enough. Sadly, this is untrue. 

Your son will have a potential - or several. And then simply be able to identify harmful structures like unnatural lighting, unnatural chemicals, unnatural and harmful genetic modifications even and so on. Our Sense-Perception mechanism doesn't filter out like Non Autistics and this is an Autistic Advantage. Another is Monotropism.org.

Some individuals have added disabilities. Some are autistic and some are not. I'll write a little more but this should help you get started. Your son would've been born with perhaps a more wild imagination or an ability to consciously recognise, but maybe not identify, things you've intake at a subconscious level. Please note, that in order for the Autistic to communicate well what they are capable of perceiving, takes a great deal more effort because it is not the surface structure we immediately sense, but the systems underneath, the guts, the wiring, the physics and fundamentals. A baby cannot immediately converse with you about a ball, but their senses are picking up information that a thing infant of them is circular, round, a colour and rolls. 

Reply Children
No Data