introducing myself !

hi, my name is sophie (she/they/he) :-) i am 19 years old and was diagnosed with autism today (although i knew i was beforehand). i am based in south-east england and would love to make more friends between the ages of 18 and 25 that are also autistic.

i have many interests and hobbies including playing bass guitar, reading non-fiction, researching my special interests and learning languages. my current hyperfixations include family trees, 80s music and nbc hannibal. my longer standing special interests include star wars, cold war politics and communist history.

i recently dropped out of university in order to focus on myself, and will be returning to full-time education in september 2023.

please ask me icebreaker questions, i love to get to know people!

Parents
  • Hi Sophie

Unfortunately I'm chronologically not in your age group, although mentally maybe I am!

I like 80s music too - lots of favourite bands & artists including Bowie, Sting, Duran Duran, Queen, Human League, The Clash, Pet Shop Boys & U2. I saw Queen live in 1977 with Freddie Mercury and Bowie in 1978.

I also like gaming - recently I spent months obsessed with Fallout 4, doing quests, experimenting with mods & building settlements. I also like Sims 4 - mainly for the building aspect - and I'm currently playing Dreamlight Valley, which is a nice gentle game with Disney characters - never been into Disney before, but they are quite funny in this game.

Good luck with your studies and enjoy your hobbies.

• Hi Sophie

Unfortunately I'm chronologically not in your age group, although mentally maybe I am!

I like 80s music too - lots of favourite bands & artists including Bowie, Sting, Duran Duran, Queen, Human League, The Clash, Pet Shop Boys & U2. I saw Queen live in 1977 with Freddie Mercury and Bowie in 1978.

I also like gaming - recently I spent months obsessed with Fallout 4, doing quests, experimenting with mods & building settlements. I also like Sims 4 - mainly for the building aspect - and I'm currently playing Dreamlight Valley, which is a nice gentle game with Disney characters - never been into Disney before, but they are quite funny in this game.

Good luck with your studies and enjoy your hobbies.

Children
  • i love duran duran! i was able to see them in july :-) 80s music is my favourite, i think i got most of it from my parents. my personal favourite at the moment is vienna by ultravox. 

i’m also an avid sims 4 player, but i prefer the simulation aspect- my building skills have never been too good. it’s the same reason i play a lot of animal crossing, i love to simulate an alternative life without issues! 

thank you for the words! i appreciate it.