Newly diagnosed

1. Good morning A few months ago my niece started her journey to diagnosis. We started talking and it wasn't long before I had an "aha" moment. At the age of 69 I realised I was autistic. I managed to have a successful career and my partner of 33 years has been with me through thick and thin. It was a relief for both of us once we realised that I was Autistic. All those years she thought I was being difficult were explained. I thought for the longest time, not fitting in was because I was a lesbian, duh.
Parents
  • I also had my "aha", moment around 6 months ago & I'm 54 now.

I support adults with learning difficulties (my job), have done so for 15 years, yet I didn't consider myself to be autistic until around 6 months ago, when I really thought about it, after Paddy McGuiness' wife (Christine), came out her self. Strange how life works, sometimes. 

I've also been married for around 28 years & still going strongJoy 

• I also had my "aha", moment around 6 months ago & I'm 54 now.

I support adults with learning difficulties (my job), have done so for 15 years, yet I didn't consider myself to be autistic until around 6 months ago, when I really thought about it, after Paddy McGuiness' wife (Christine), came out her self. Strange how life works, sometimes. 

I've also been married for around 28 years & still going strongJoy 

Children
No Data