Newly diagnosed

1. Good morning A few months ago my niece started her journey to diagnosis. We started talking and it wasn't long before I had an "aha" moment. At the age of 69 I realised I was autistic. I managed to have a successful career and my partner of 33 years has been with me through thick and thin. It was a relief for both of us once we realised that I was Autistic. All those years she thought I was being difficult were explained. I thought for the longest time, not fitting in was because I was a lesbian, duh.
Parents
  • Thanks for the post and that's great you have gained a new perspective that's helped you and your partner. :-). I'm a single parent and hate not having a partner, the loneliness is tough mostly when my daughter is away with Daddy or at school as I don't work because it makes me ill.  It's amazing you have had a career and partner throughout.  That's inspiring. :-)

• Thanks for the post and that's great you have gained a new perspective that's helped you and your partner. :-). I'm a single parent and hate not having a partner, the loneliness is tough mostly when my daughter is away with Daddy or at school as I don't work because it makes me ill.  It's amazing you have had a career and partner throughout.  That's inspiring. :-)

Children
No Data