Introduction

Hi, I’m Maryann. I’m 29 years old with high functioning autism and I was diagnosed at 26. I have a bunch of special interests such as collecting crystals, legos,watching anime, playing videogames, and reading books. I was also diagnosed with bipolar2. Which is a mild form of bipolar1. I don’t think I'm bipolar at all. I think people just misunderstand me all of the time which is really frustrating. I had a hard time making friends growing up but I don’t now. Sometimes though I wish I was alone because I’m so used to isolating myself. I was bullied in middle school really badly that I became nonverbal in high school. I hated high school. I’m doing better now with socializing and taking care of myself and my emotions. If you need advice, I’m here to help but I can’t be your therapist. I’m not a professional but I know quite a lot on psychology. I love to learn anything I can on this subject or any subject I find interesting. 

Parents
  • Hi, and welcome.  I'm not saying you are misdiagnosed, but it can happen with non-autistic people so its more likely for autistic people that might not explain well/enough what is happening or how you think/feel/act.

Learning about the human mind is great, psychology can teach you things about others and yourself that help you get through life better.  Also useful is learning about how the brain works, because we are still just animals deep down and explains a lot about how people operate and society works in general.

• Hi, and welcome.  I'm not saying you are misdiagnosed, but it can happen with non-autistic people so its more likely for autistic people that might not explain well/enough what is happening or how you think/feel/act.

Learning about the human mind is great, psychology can teach you things about others and yourself that help you get through life better.  Also useful is learning about how the brain works, because we are still just animals deep down and explains a lot about how people operate and society works in general.

Children
No Data