Hi

Hi there, I'm Kitty. I had my diagnosis a while ago but only just sinking in. I'm not really getting used to it and I find it hard sometimes. I don't really like being autistic. I have a lot of other problems that seem to match it and they make life with autism difficult. Most of the time I'm playing toys and enjoying a fun movie but a lot of the time I'm in agonising pain and it's all getting a bit much. Constant anxiety. And constant tension headaches. Uggh. 

But, I try to be positive. That's one of the reasons I decided to join so I could meet more like me and hopefully find a place where I really belong and can be me. I'm always having to mask at home which is tiring and induces the anxiety.

Parents
  • Hi Kitty, welcome to the community. Hope you can work through your problems. Can I  ask why you need to mask at home? Maybe the masking and not being able to be you is causing some of the anxiety and headaches. I fully get the anxiety, it affects me 24/7. You should be able to just be autistic at home, to be honest I know we get judged but we should be able to be our normal selves anywhere. Hope you enjoy the group, there are some really nice people on here and no nastiness.

• Hi Kitty, welcome to the community. Hope you can work through your problems. Can I  ask why you need to mask at home? Maybe the masking and not being able to be you is causing some of the anxiety and headaches. I fully get the anxiety, it affects me 24/7. You should be able to just be autistic at home, to be honest I know we get judged but we should be able to be our normal selves anywhere. Hope you enjoy the group, there are some really nice people on here and no nastiness.

Children
No Data