Financial Support vs Safety

Hi. My son has just been discharged on section 72 as the facility he was held in did not have any form of support for autism which meant he was not safe in their care. I am now looking after my son 18 full time but also have a full time job, currently signed off sick after the trauma of dealing with suicide attempts and police searches. I have not been in my current job long so am on probation and will probably lose my job, however keeping my son safe is my priority. Please can anyone advise where I can get advice on money we may be entitled to. My head is still in a fog from the trauma and exhaustion so any advice would be much appreciated so that I can find a way to be able to support and take care of my boy? Thank you

Parents
  • Thank you Jamie, I have requested application for PIP. Great advice on other info. The psychiatric team have let me down, they came out once and because my son was mute they never came back. I will contact GP to see what help I can get but it seems there is no facility for mental health and autism combined. If he won't respond they won't make the effort, yet if they get to know him he will communicate in his own way.

I rent my home. 

So it seems carers allowance not worth applying for.  

Thanks for advice  not sure what esa is but I will Google. Thank you 

• Thank you Jamie, I have requested application for PIP. Great advice on other info. The psychiatric team have let me down, they came out once and because my son was mute they never came back. I will contact GP to see what help I can get but it seems there is no facility for mental health and autism combined. If he won't respond they won't make the effort, yet if they get to know him he will communicate in his own way.

I rent my home. 

So it seems carers allowance not worth applying for.  

Thanks for advice  not sure what esa is but I will Google. Thank you 

Children
No Data