Hello, hello :-)

Hello there, I'm not much good with introductions. I have literally rewritten this text like 15 times already --- I'm not even joking lol! 16th time lucky?? God I suck at social things online and in person. Okay, we'll start with the diagnosis. I was diagnosed in my early teens, school was just dreadful! Best left forgotten. Got bullied and the teachers were really mean as well. I kept a list in my little journal of all the people I didn't like lmao and pretty much everyone at school was on it XD I've since been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, really struggling with those. They seem to latch on to the autism and I've found distractions don't work anymore. #nightmare ! Also got cancer but not going to talk about that because it's so crappy. I was working with the NHS for a bit before I got sick but that's on hold now. Hopefully get back to it at some point --- with the autism I struggle with social interaction, always have. When I do interact I have to mask to do it which is ok but exhausting for me. I also over analyse everything. Does anyone else do that? That is also exhausting. Feel like I could sleep a thousand years lol. I have big interest in history and magic, they are special interests of mine :-) and I'm here to sort of mix in and meet others who are like me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

PS it took 18 goes in the end but finally done.

Parents
  • Hello Glitters, and Welcome,

Well done you for writing your first post. I have yet to do likewise, despite having joined over a week ago. I've been gradually building my way up to it by commenting on other members' posts.

Others may prove me wrong, but I think over-analysing is a common autistic trait, so you are definitely not alone with that.

• Hello Glitters, and Welcome,

Well done you for writing your first post. I have yet to do likewise, despite having joined over a week ago. I've been gradually building my way up to it by commenting on other members' posts.

Others may prove me wrong, but I think over-analysing is a common autistic trait, so you are definitely not alone with that.

Children
  • Hello, thank you sparkling! :-) 

It took a while but we got there in the end lol. I don't think there's any rush to doing a hello post. You take your time. Oh yes we spoke a few minutes ago. Good to meet you properly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I find it a useful thing to do at times, but, it can be annoying as well and exhausting.