Allow me introduce myself

Greetings everyone!

I don't feel comfortable in revealing my real name over the internet until I really get to know and trust someone. But I orginally found this forum whilst searching for job interview advice and ended up checking out many of the great threads that are on here. It seems like a friendly community which is why I decided to join. Slight smile

Anyway, at the age of (I think) 5, I was diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder. Whilst it has mellowed a lot as I have gotten older, I do occasionally still have difficulty with verbal comprehension particularly with following instructions and staying on track with long conversations. My reading comprehension is fine though, and I therefore prefer to have instructions that are written down. However, when I was at school, reading comprehension is something which I greatly struggled with and I hated English lessons for that reason. 

Whilst from time to time, my SPD can be a little frustrating, I generally don't dwell on it as I realise that every human being on the planet has their imperfections and that I have many positives in other areas. And so do you. Slight smile

Parents Reply
  • Thanks,

I think I got the gist of it. I probably need to read more to know that I am correct. I usually need to read a LOT more to be sure I have understood.

Thanks again.

Hey I'm sorry I just saw you said 'Good evening' so for me to say have a good evening (if that's what I said - memory issues from having been a boozer (7 years sober) was appropriate.

Cheers. 

Jim

Children
No Data