Hello everybody...

Am new to this site after a recent Diagnosis so i wanted to say Hi and i wish you all well.

Parents Reply
  • It's cool that you do/can do jokes. I'm not very good at humour I don't know when something's funny and can't be funny.

My mum says I don't have a sense of humour and I agree with that. I try to but can't work it out.

Children
  • I get what you mean Mariusz. Autism was always with us yet when i was at school 32 years ago i was treated like a freak.Even Teachers were oblivious. I was just the dumb kid at the back.I got my own back when i was a Traffic Warden, i nailed EVEY one of them :-)

• they definitely do, they have so many misconceptions

• Do you know what i think ? I think Autism is normal and the rest of the population needs to go for an assessment  :-)

• outside

requires practise and iron will to perservere

sense of humour - each of us has one, more or less peculiar, we find this or that funny,

but to make others see it the same way is tricky

most of the time when I try my new jokes on workmates I get ''The Furious Blinking Response'' LOL

I said it  few times before on this forum, it helped me to be forced to join school theatre, they thought me how to speak.

• It's the same for me.

When I'm on the computer I'm so chill and relaxed and able to communicate with ease but outside of all that I'm afraid of my own shadow and only capable of saying a few words to the people I know and pretty much can't say nothing to people I don't know.

I think you're right about being able to control things better online. In person there's a lot less control and more pressure I think.

• Thats ok Jess. Am ok hiding behind a computer screen but when i walk out of my front Door i go into mute mode. The funny thing is, i have a sharp mind but in public i just shut down. I get what you say about not getting humour, i cant read people outside myself. Typing here i am ok because i can control my enviroment. I appreciate your honesty about jokes, it lets me adjust myself so i dont offend anybody.Thank you.