Hello everybody...

Am new to this site after a recent Diagnosis so i wanted to say Hi and i wish you all well.

Parents
  • Hi Lee, I was recently diagnosed at the age of 47. I haven't been on here long myself. How are you finding things after your diagnosis? 

• Hi Rach. Thanks for your message. Well it,s been 4 weeks now and i,m not actually sure how i am supposed to be feeling. Weird huh ? This Site is my first step so i thought it would be a good idea to to talk to like-minded people.How about you ? How are you finding things ? Do you look back and wonder who you " were " before your diagnosis ?

• 4 weeks on Tuseday for me haha.

I'm on here because they gave me advice in my report with this site on it and I think the other one was wrong planet which I haven't looked at yet. 

I am a bit all over the place emotionally with it all thinking through my past. On a plus side I do not beat myself up as much. 

How have your family taken it? Are they supportive?

• Well i hope things improve for you, keep your chin up. 

• Ah well at least your mum understands which is good. 

I came off social media about a year ago. It messed with my mental well being. I am hoping being on here and connecting with like minded people will restore some confidence I've lost and help me identify where I maybe went wrong.

• 4 Weeks ago as well ? Blimey, i probably saw you there ! :-)   Yes i got advice for this Website also. I dont do social media at all so this is actually the first time i have had a chat online.At least with your diagnosis you can now be emotionally " kinder" to yourself. I only have have a Mum for Family,no-one else.She always new i needed " Re-wiring " so she wasnt surprised at my diagnosis. I suppose we now just have to learn to adapt and get to " know " ourselves all over again :-)

• 4 Weeks ago as well ? Blimey, i probably saw you there ! :-)   Yes i got advice for this Website also. I dont do social media at all so this is actually the first time i have had a chat online.At least with your diagnosis you can now be emotionally " kinder" to yourself. I only have have a Mum for Family,no-one else.She always new i needed " Re-wiring " so she wasnt surprised at my diagnosis. I suppose we now just have to learn to adapt and get to " know " ourselves all over again :-)

Children