Another new ‘hello’!

I’m glad I found the forum, it can be tricky trying to connect with people… I’m newly diagnosed awaiting ADHD assessment soon too. I’m ok with this, wish I’d known sooner though! 
I’m an artist and tutor, I like walking my dog in the dales. Don’t really have any friends though so thought I’d try this out. Thanks for reading Blush

Parents
  • Hi, welcome.  Yes, tricky to connect, easy to unconnect, then its hard to reconnect, and if you do reconnect then hard to stay connected. 

What art do you do?  And what do you tutor in, art?  If I lived in the dales, I too would walk my dog, and do art, maybe tutor - life, sorted.

• He he sounds sorted but family life isn’t straightforward! I’m an illustrator sometimes I do stuff for magazines but I’ve written my own art journal and am working on the next one. Yeah I tutor art for wellbeing. Do you have any creative interests? 
    I have issues with oversharing then completely pulling back. I need to be honest and authentic and small talk is really challenging for me… 

• He he sounds sorted but family life isn’t straightforward! I’m an illustrator sometimes I do stuff for magazines but I’ve written my own art journal and am working on the next one. Yeah I tutor art for wellbeing. Do you have any creative interests? 
    I have issues with oversharing then completely pulling back. I need to be honest and authentic and small talk is really challenging for me… 

Children
  • Just ordered some sketching pencils, so I can sketch for fun/practice for now or sketch something bigger and watercolour over another time when I feel less fatigued.

• Yeah, everyone has things in life that mean we aren't ever that sorted, not for long anyway.  i was sorted in the past for a short period, but fast unravelled.

I have had different creative interests over the years; model making in childhood, then GCSE art and loved it, when working got into composing music, but had problems in life and all dried up.  In recent years done some watercolour and acrylic stuff for therapy more than anything, music making again, but autism burnout (fatigue) makes it difficult.

I normally undershare unless i feel safe with someone, then I can floodshare

I can be too honest and it causes problems, I just blurt it out.  I'm a realist too, and people don't appreciate me pointing out the most likely result of things.  Not great with small talk, I can't think enough things to ask and I can't always think of responses.  'How are you?' 'Ok/good/fine' [end of conversation].  I might add about the weather, or major news story, that is it.  Can go on about my interests for ages though, usually way beyond the point where people switched off.