Hi everyone

I normally lurk on forums, so posting this is making me ridiculously anxious. Sure you know how it goes. I'm 'proper old' and was diagnosed a month before lockdown, Feb 2020 with ASC. Interesting reading and others experiences on here. I hope I'm in the right place. A weird day (or normal, depending on how you look at it I guess). My mental health history is complicated. Later

Parents
  • I normally lurk on forums, so posting this is making me ridiculously anxious.

Hi L,

It seems you've quite rightfully given the finger to your anxiety by posting on here anyway. :-)

I think age is a concept of mind and something I don't really see in people as everyones experience of life is a point of learning for me.  My daughter is 10 and sometimes I think she comes across as "proper old." :-).

Some days I feel spent like 1000 years old.  Other days I feel sprightly like a young gazelle.  Age only matters to me when considering who I might enter into a partnership with.  I was at the karaoke last night and an intelligent and fun 26 year old was wanting to date me.  I explained to him that I am much older than him and wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone so much younger.  He was persistent which was amusing and flattering but I was also firm with my "no thank you."  I did chat to him much of the night though because he was an interesting person.  My point being that age for me is a multi faceted concept and very personal to each individual.  I personally would feel insecure about dating a younger man incase he left for a younger model.....  I equally feel scared about dating someone significantly older than me incase they die before me.  

I'm proud that your post and other replies have meant more fingers up to anxiety. YAY!!!!

• I normally lurk on forums, so posting this is making me ridiculously anxious.

Hi L,

It seems you've quite rightfully given the finger to your anxiety by posting on here anyway. :-)

I think age is a concept of mind and something I don't really see in people as everyones experience of life is a point of learning for me.  My daughter is 10 and sometimes I think she comes across as "proper old." :-).

Some days I feel spent like 1000 years old.  Other days I feel sprightly like a young gazelle.  Age only matters to me when considering who I might enter into a partnership with.  I was at the karaoke last night and an intelligent and fun 26 year old was wanting to date me.  I explained to him that I am much older than him and wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone so much younger.  He was persistent which was amusing and flattering but I was also firm with my "no thank you."  I did chat to him much of the night though because he was an interesting person.  My point being that age for me is a multi faceted concept and very personal to each individual.  I personally would feel insecure about dating a younger man incase he left for a younger model.....  I equally feel scared about dating someone significantly older than me incase they die before me.  

I'm proud that your post and other replies have meant more fingers up to anxiety. YAY!!!!

Children
No Data