Greetings

Hi all.

Our 15 nearly 16 y/o daughter has just been diagnosed with ASD.

The doctor who made the diagnosis pointed us towards this site when we asked how we can better educate ourselves as parents to help her manage.

at present the whole household walks on eggshells to try and avoid meltdowns which causes frustration with ourselves and I’m sure some jealousy with her siblings.

Can any one with experience of mid-teen diagnosis help us with materials or courses that we can follow to try and educate ourselves ? 

many thanks 

C.

Parents
  • Welcome. I am sure there will be someone on here who can help.

NAS has local branches which are typically geared up for parents and partners of autistic children and adults, rather than being of direct use for people that actually have ASD. Odd I know, but through local branches you may be able to meet other parents who are local and can support one another.

I can't assist on this one but I'm sure even NT teenage girls are a nightmare at home and you need to tread on eggshells, so may be useful to keep this in mind ie don't attribute it all to ASD. If you do it will likely be false attribution in part and so remedial steps will not always be appropriate.

Good luck.

• Welcome. I am sure there will be someone on here who can help.

NAS has local branches which are typically geared up for parents and partners of autistic children and adults, rather than being of direct use for people that actually have ASD. Odd I know, but through local branches you may be able to meet other parents who are local and can support one another.

I can't assist on this one but I'm sure even NT teenage girls are a nightmare at home and you need to tread on eggshells, so may be useful to keep this in mind ie don't attribute it all to ASD. If you do it will likely be false attribution in part and so remedial steps will not always be appropriate.

Good luck.

Children
No Data