New here!

Hi there. I have a 4 year old son with suspected ASD (high functioning I think!) we feel very well supported by his nursery and had TEAMS meeting today along with education psychologist who recentlyGrinningbserved him there. We know a diagnosis is far away especially since the pandemic. I’m just looking for any useful info I might get here along with people in the same situation.  I strongly suspect IGrinningm on the spectrum too.. and reading a few stories here today I feel encouraged to explore this further! Happy to be here Grinning

Parents
  • First of all welcome!!!!!

Just becuase diagnosis is far away doesn't mean that there aren't things that you can do in the mean time. It's not an exclusive diagnosis only club and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

I personally have autism and then people in my family started realising that they had it too. (It had to come from somewhere) 

You could check out this YouTuber called Aspieworld. His content is great for people of all ages, abilities and stages of their diagnosis. Also don't be afraid to make yourself comfortable. For example I have a lot of sensory processing issues but was afraid to wear ear defenders because I felt like I was "too High functioning" I now realise that it's all about the individual experiences and do whatever makes you comfortable. Help your son find his strengths and play to them and embrace them and if he has weaknesses, help him to feel more comfortable. 

Also, If you think you also might be autistic then exploring will open your eyes massively. 

Good luck!!!

• First of all welcome!!!!!

Just becuase diagnosis is far away doesn't mean that there aren't things that you can do in the mean time. It's not an exclusive diagnosis only club and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

I personally have autism and then people in my family started realising that they had it too. (It had to come from somewhere) 

You could check out this YouTuber called Aspieworld. His content is great for people of all ages, abilities and stages of their diagnosis. Also don't be afraid to make yourself comfortable. For example I have a lot of sensory processing issues but was afraid to wear ear defenders because I felt like I was "too High functioning" I now realise that it's all about the individual experiences and do whatever makes you comfortable. Help your son find his strengths and play to them and embrace them and if he has weaknesses, help him to feel more comfortable. 

Also, If you think you also might be autistic then exploring will open your eyes massively. 

Good luck!!!

Children